Friday, September 28, 2007

fairest thoughs

Despite the drive within your spine to let your spite define us
Defend the times our minds entwined and let them splice inside us
I tried to let our lips convince my system that we’re victims
Minions of some twisted script that God thought not to mention
He opted for His altered scheme to take my seed and toss it
Every vein within my being was drawn to plot with logic
I’ve conjured every way to take our chance and dash its flame
To sand away the ways I’ve dropped your odds would shame your name
All games unplayed and truth explained I lack the love to act
Indeed, to grasp ego and stroke would choke our recent past
Please seep between the letter’s words and drink the bleeding hope
Although the paper’s dressed with ink it left me needing clothes
I’m hopeful that my naked skin will heat your mind when cold
Conveying the way I hold you up is better felt than told
Fools would see the fence and let it taint the ground their lawn's on
Hold to what we’ve shared
In time the fairest thoughts get drawn on

No comments: