Monday, September 17, 2007

suicide's an alibi

You didn't watch me drive away?

You're always playing in realms of sight/
If light confines your mind
Let's intertwine behind the night/
Deemed blind by distance only when our flesh suppresses purpose/
With every word dispersed
With every verse conversed
You're nervous
Upturn this
It's just gibberish
I wish I lit the candle/
Instead I mold to your outline
Rhyme tied
A concept vandal/
Sound mind breaks stride
In time
Revive
Breathe life
The light rekindles/
Hymns full of my hopes are cloaked by scribbles
I'm too simple/
Too typical
Too hopeless
Take two doses of this potion/
Too logical
To neat for possibilities to grow in/
If broken oaths and promises admit the sins I foster/
Resist the thought to run
To call me altered
Or not bother/
Let good intentions teeter-totter on the scale of motives/
Stroke the callused skin with lotion
Know the yoke I've broken-/
Through the laboring in vast imagined crops of friendships planted/
Bask in fields of dreams I've hoed
And soak in stocks of passion/
Imagine every movement fastened to the goal of service/
You'll tip toe on the surface
Miss.. you're not alone when nervous/
I heard this person urging me to splurge in chances offered/
I pondered on the options till it dawned
You're someone's daughter/
I squandered opportunities
I ceded at your hair/
Please be aware that if we cross
I'm lost
I might not care/
Be leery
Hear me
Fear me greatly
Safety is my cloak/
If suicide's an alibi
Then find my lust a rope/
And know I poke and stoke the evenings spent in bashful silence/
Behind and out of sight there lies a past of rage and violence/
Aside from that I'm bent to finish sentences half said/
If you're the vein that fed my heart I drove away half bled/
I graced the pages of your book
And left with you half read/
If anxiousness bred married bliss
I walked away half wed/

2 comments:

edluv said...

does mike know about this blog. if so, i'm kicking him in his good leg for not telling me you had one. good stuff.

flowgun said...

nah, we haven't talked about it. he and i have a healthy non-internet based friendship. it's bland, but we keeps it real.