Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Lost but Searching

Immerse within this verse constructed with a nudge to hush women :)
Wishes become dust in inclination to rush contentment
Snitches twist intention amid their lives of time wasted
Take statements out of transit then insist that I betrayed them
Plaintiffs stick to accusations postulating clients' innocence
Hypocrites sicken even the most sin-strickened witnesses
Sift amid the splintered boat we sculled in summer weather
Measure up the weight of gain or loss and toss the lesser
Dress your complaints of my conduct just excuse my vomit
Honest thoughts on hindsight shine light on the heeding comments
God, there’s no logic to the premise of what you argue
Charred for the view that my fortress was contoured to discard you
Far be it for me to say “See!” when mentioning past sent warnings
Ignore me, then drape me with blame after hope commences forming
Contort or distort me to the image that best eases hurting
Surely I’ll try to find the next chick that thinks I’m lost but searching

4 comments:

carly said...

you're wrong. i get it.

flowgun said...

I never said people don't get it. I'm just saying they don't know what I was thinking about.

carly said...

well. i don't think anyone can know that. but i don't think you need to know what the artist/writer was thinking to get something out of it.

i think we're essentially saying the same thing. probably.

m.wise said...

aside from what you two are talking about - i enjoyed this poem.