Sunday, October 7, 2007

Lackluster Rhyming; Ear Slaves

Wishes becoming mist
In an era remiss of innocence
Missing
Or envisioning
A kiss on the tips of lips
Mimicking an eclipse of mythical visions
Or depictions
Figments
Fragmented actions
Fractured by the lack of time
Or timing
Mimes chime in with their reenactment
An artistic recant of lackluster rhyming


Peeling off gauze
Pause
Cough up embalming fluid/
Grab a cup
Turn it up
Relax to this calming music
Breath grazes vocal cords
Vibrations bend air waves/
Mouth facilitates thoughts
Caught
Now you’re my ear slaves/
Hypocrisy:
Me trying to appease you
Yet I’m bound by my pen/
Tied down by flesh
Meshed with a hunger to sin/
Lend an open mind
I’m confined to the ink and its well/
I wield the pen
Yet it manipulates me when it spills/
Filled with black confessions
Guilt lessons with faults discovered/
Amazing what a “Christian” exposes when the vaults uncovered/

No comments: